Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Water Heater

Others have commented well on tankless.

If you tinker at all, I'd recomend tinker unless you're extremely
pressed for time.

It has a drain spout? Get a pan, drain some to get a handle on sediment.

If it has an anode rod, I'd carefully finesse it out for inspection.

Etc, etc.

While it's a good candidate for immediate replacement, you don't really
know what the current problem is. It's possible you could get another
5+ years of use from it. Unless it's extremely inefficient energy-wise,
I'd guess it's worth investigating.

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 07:44:03 -0800 (PST), FlaBill wrote:

Lately my hot water cools down before I'm finished showering. It never
used to do this. Wondering if it is a symptom of a fading element. The
heater is a 30gal Ruud Pacemaker Ruudglass but can only estimate age
to be approx. 30yrs.
A tankless heater will be its replacement. Is it time??
Bill