Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default threadjack - old receps was Electrical switch -- no longer controls outlets -- Help??

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 10:11:02 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

[snip]

I find those receptacles listed in a 1925 Westinghouse catalog, which I
assume predates NEMA. Some are rated at 10 amps 250 volts, others are rated
10 amps 250 volts - 15 amps 125 volts, however the receptacles are
identical. I suppose, back in 1925 you needed to know how it was wired
before you plugged into it.

That could explain no 2-15R on the charts. I wish there was a note
thee, so it doesn't look like an oversight.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster