Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default help with sony camera attachment

I mentioned to a drinking companion that I am transferring all my videos
to DVD and he has asked to to transfer some video from video 8 cassette,
that was taken in 1985, of his grand daughters. He has got the camera
from his son, who gave it to me, but I have run into a problem with the
RF adaptor that plugs into the camera that has the output for the video
signal. His son can't find it.

Camera is a Sony CCD-V8AF-E

The RF adaptor is a is a Sony RFU-85

It plugs into the side of the camera, close to the back, on the right
hand side of control panel at the back of the camera and I would imagine
it to be roughly the size of a large pack of cigarettes, but about twice
as thick. From the look of the sketch in the camera manual, it has four
coax, or phono plug sockets on it.
His son thinks that it might have got lost when his grand son may have
used it for his play station1 machine.

Does anyone know if the RF unit would be compatible with a PS1?
If it is, there will be a much better chance of me finding one via the
games shops.

I know that the cassettes can be sent away and recorded to DVD, but he
will only do this as a last resort. He fears losing them in transit.

TIA

Dave