Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Stroud Simon Stroud is offline

Default Electronic Transformer recommendations for a very small load i.e. 20W

I've just fitted a couple of Screwfix electronic transformers, this type:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/63579

These are rated for a 20-60W load (as are many of the other Screwfix ones).
The problem is, each of my transformers is only supplying 2x10W lamps and
one of the transformers is having trouble with a load this small - it keeps
changing between "working OK mode" and "flickering mode", which I think
indicates that the load is too small.

I don't really want to increase my bulbs from 10W to 20W and the layout of
the room means that I'd prefer to keep the two-transformer arrangement
rather than a single one (it would also be a major pain to change this now).

So, any recommendations for any different transformers, ideally in the
Screwfix range, that you have successfully used with a 20W load? Screwfix do
5 or 6 different ones that all say "20-60W" so maybe another type may be
better that the ones I have. They don't do any that go down to, say, 10W
minimum, which would be more ideal.

Thanks!

Simon.