Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default VFD Braking resistors - was My Powermatic drill press with VFD

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:37:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

https://www.fairradio.com/catalog.ph...ategoryid=4230

RS-200 - 200 ohm, 100 watt Resistor, $2.00 each

RS-113 - 200 ohm, 113 watt Resistor, $2.25 each

Use three in parallel for 66.6 ohms at 300 or 339 watts. If one ever
fails, you still have a 100 ohm 200 or 226 watt load.

Now those are good prices.
I spotted another one that would work well also - 35 Ohms / 200W.
String two of them in series to get the 70 Ohms.

After posting my query to the group, I emailed Factorymation the day
before Christmas asking what the Teco would tolerate without any
braking resistor. I'm awaiting a reply at this point.

As cheap as those ones from Fair Radio though, it might be worth
adding them as an inexpensive insurance policy.

RWL