Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bosch grinder disasembly

I'm taking apart that Bosch grinder that I found & fixed the switch on.
And I have a problem. After taking out the screws that hold the front
bevel gears housing, it won't come off. I know that it won't slide off
the armature shaft without removing that gear, but usually it will come
away from the main housing with the whole armature sliding out. But it
won't.

On the parts diagram:
http://home.comcast.net/~bobengelhar...inderParts.pdf
it looks like the "air deflector ring" (#31, lower right) needs to come
out with the armature & it could be pretty tight. Before I start
forcing it, is there something else that might be holding it & needs to
be removed first?

Before I start forcing I want to be sure that it's the right way,
Thanks,
Bob