Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Do old fridge's go CLUNK ?

Willie The Wimp wrote:

Fridge is an Amana built around 1984. Has given very good service.

My house use to have one refrigerator upstairs, one downstairs,
and three freezers downstairs. All were gotten for FREE from
freecycle.org. They were all 25 to 30 years old. When the
upstairs fridge was replaced with an energy efficient fridge
from Sears. Cost: 1700. Saving: $384/yr.

My wife got on my case about all the refrigeration downstairs.
My claim was it was needed for brewing beer and storing deer
meat. But over a year, I replaced two standup freezers with
a larger one aas well as the fridge - the new ones were energy
efficient. Cost: ~$1600. Savings: $418/yr.

The costs include the Sears Servive plan which has been used twice.

Think about replacing it.

Dick