Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay-T[_3_] Jay-T[_3_] is offline

Default Painting laminate kitchen cabinets

I am going to be painting some laminate kitchen cabinets. They are in a
home that I own that I will be renting out.

My plan is to clean the cabinets, probably lightly sand the surface, then
prime with Zinsser B-I-N shellac-based primer. After that, paint with
either latex-based or oil-based paint.

The Zinsser B-I-N shellac-based primer says to not clean the cabinets with
TSP. One website I found suggested cleaning them with Xylol. Any
suggestions on what to use for the cleaning part?

I assume that oil-based paint would be better and would result in a harder
and more durable finish than latex-based paint. Is that correct?

Any other suggestions or thoughts on how to go about doing this?