Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Marble planters

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Nonny wrote:

... snip
--

Again, thanks for the words. In fact, the house was totally
destroyed by a fire that began outside the shop, in an
adjoining
garage. Within about a half hour, it was a smoldering ruin.
We
had good insurance and I had many documentary photographs,
since I
came from a profession that had to deal with insurance matters
for
borrowers. We knew that while we would have the insurance
proceeds
to rebuild the home, what were we going to put on the shelves
or
hang on the walls. If you have a library with around 4000
books,
what books do you buy to replace the burned ones?

We felt that the most simple and emotionally favorable solution
would be to simply NOT rebuild, but to sell the lot. We'd never
lived in the SW, so Las Vegas was a good candidate. We
literally.
. .literally. . . put every tangible thing we owned at the time
into half of a small U-haul trailer, hooked it to the new van
(the
cars were burned in the garages) and pointed the nose west
toward
the desert.

Had wondered what happened to you; you disappeared from here
for quite
some time. Very sorry to hear about what happened.

Heh- the kids tried to put a positive spin on it by telling folk
I'd been jailed. grin

Nonny

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

... snip

--

There is never a situation where having more rounds is a
disadvantage

Rob Leatham

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.