Ron Magen

Default WAAAY OT - BUT FUN - THE BARNEY FUN PAGE

For a couple of summers I taught Rifle Marksmanship at a local Day Camp. I'm
talking about the REAL thing, too. Standard NRA 50 foot targets at 50 feet,
and the techniques of sight picture, breath control, & trigger squeeze . . .
even though the kids were between 6 and 15 {actually, it was the 10 & 11
year olds that concentrated the best}. It was BB guns & Air Rifles for the
'little ones', and .22 for the older kids.

Anyhow, after 6 weeks of REAL targets & training, I set up a 'shooting
gallery' presentation for the last two weeks; swing targets, breakable
targets, a 'set' of the 5 ranks of Silhouette targets {made from Homosote on
a wood base}out as far as 95 feet, and 'Barney' targets - as a joke.

I wasn't sure how the 'Barney's' would go over . . . maybe effect the
younger ones ? {they could be knocked down by BB's at the 15 foot range}.
Have you ever heard a bunch of 7 to 10 year old kids chanting, "Lets Kill
Barney !!, Lets Kill Barney !!, etc." ?

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop