Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Electrical switch -- no longer controls outlets -- Help??

Jon Danniken wrote:
tim birr wrote:

The reason I am curious is because breaking the tab was not all that
easy. The top half broke right off, but it took a lot of digging with
a galvanized nail, screwdriver etc. to break the other half of the
tab. It took me about 20 minutes. There has to be a better
way...maybe if I had needlenose "nippers," but I don't.

You can spend thousands of dollars on tools, and fill a whole shop with
them. More importantly, however, is acquiring a couple dozen types and
sizes of "pliers": needle-nose, slip-ring, locking, nippers, dikes,
tweezers, forceps, and the like.

Same with screwdrivers.

Basic hand tools are the backbone of any well-equipped shop.

Jon

Hmm,
I'd say basic hand tools are for every home owner.