Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default OT? Where is "address book" in my cell phone.

You would get the most accurate answer from the Motorola tech support,
or possibly the tech support for hour phone service provider.

Most mobile phones, except for PDA's keep their address book in a file
that is not user accessible in the phone itself. With the Motorola
phones and others that I had, with their optional backup and control
software I was able to back up and restore the address book. I also
backed up the complete phone to my computer's hard disk.

I was also able to export the address book, appointments, notes, and
etc to MS Office including a spreadsheet file, or some other types of
softwares. I could then edit the information on my PC, and then
restore the list back to the phone. Some of the new phones and their
backup software allow the phone information to be backed except for
its operating system parameters to Yahoo and other on line services.

I once had an address list in a phone become corrupted. I simply wiped
the phone, and restored a complete backup that I previously saved on
my computer.

Jerry G.

On Dec 18, 7:25*pm, mm wrote:
OT? * Where is "address book" in my cell phone?

I had assumed that the "address book" data for my cell phone was
actually in my cell phone, in the SIMM card or some other memory area.

But when I turn on the phone and go straight to address book, it often
says to wait. *Then the light goes off and I push some button and it
still says to wait, and again. *If it takes so long to get it, does
that mean it's at the wireless offices? * It seems to take a while
sometimes even when I have 4 or 5 bars signal strength. *OTOH,
sometimes it's there immediately, I think.

I have a Motorola phone on, I think, the Cingulary/AT&T network. *I
would think it's the same for all phones and all networks, right?

Thanks