Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting Crown Molding

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:40:45 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

Oops! Sorry about the bad word wrap.

From what I read...

Spring angle is 45 and it is narrow enough for my miter saw fence & .

For cutting outside corners the simplest method is cutting it
in-position (at a 45 against the fence) aka upside down and backwards.
This only requires a miter and no bevel. The cut angle is simply 1/2 of
the angle. For example, an 85 degree corner gets a 47.5 miter cut with
no bevel.

Is this oversimplified and I'm missing something?

Not all Crown has the same Spring angle - just sayin' "check it" and
made certain.

Snoop around here for some DIY help I've used. (Sold at HD)

http://www.compoundmiter.com/index.html