Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimi Jimi is offline

Default swimming pool chemical newsgroup?

wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:50:18 -0600, "Jimi"
wrote:

Hi...this may be a little off topic but still deals with home maintenance.
am looking for a Newsgroup that discusses spas and swimming pools. We have
swimming pool and I want to learn about water maintenance from some others
that have swimming pools..I googled some of the stuff, but the majority of
"help" I find are from people that just want to sell you chemicals etc....
Any newsgroup suggestions out there? Thanks... Jim

Do you have any specific questions?

Well I am trying to balance Ph and Alkalinity right now and I am trying
to get crystal clear water... (sparkly)...my wife always looked after the
pool but she is not well now and I am needing a crash course... I have a
pool spa retail outlet that will read water samples for me and tell me what
chemicles to add to the pool , but I am not learning anything and wonder if
half the chemicals are actually needed... so being able to arm myself with
knowledge is a good thing... No I have no specific questions...Just looking
for a pool NG...Thanks... Jim