Kevin Craig

Default SWMBO Gloat (and some questions)

In article , Ehvee8or
wrote:

"Hey honey, I'm not going to be able to do this with a
jigsaw. I need a bandsaw......and a planer". "Okay, get what you
need". Gawd, you gotta love her.

About 15 minutes later, my new bandsaw was ordered. As I speak, a
Grizzly G0555 complete with riser kit and movable base is being
picked, packed, and readied for delivery to sunny Tampa Florida.

Yeah, that riser kit is critical to sawing flat curved parts, eh? ;-)

The bandsaw was a gloat. The add-ons amount to a drive-by neener. G

haven't quite picked a planer yet, but I'm leaning heavily toward the
Ryobi. The consensus in the group seems to be that it is a pretty good
machine for the money, and I've spent a sh*t load of money lately on
tools, so this might be a good opportunity to save a few bucks.

Not that I've bought one, but I've been studying up for the day when I
have some extra cash. I've reached the conclusion that there's no
reason to buy anything between the Ryobi AP1300 and the DeWalt 735. If
I have the cash for the latter, you can bet I'm getting it... if not,
I'll take the former and be very happy with it. After all, I'm very
happy with my BT3100, although if I'd had the cash for a Unisaw, I'd
certainly have gone that route instead.

Kevin