Posted to rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Dining room table & chairs

"Vic Baron" wrote in message

"Sonny" wrote in message
I think most dining chairs have a tad more padding, on top,
than
you've described. A generous layer of cotton is typical for a
first
layer, against the seat base (board), then foam, then a layer
of
"polyester" (there are several kinds of finish lining/padding).
*Fire
retardent polyester fiberfill (a designated industry
description) is
just as inexpensive as non-fire retardent fiberfill.

I recovered 6 dining room chairs long ago. I didn't have the
fabric stretcher, but still got pretty decent, uniform, tension
all around. To get it, I placed the fabric face down on the
bench, adding the already padded seat on top, then adding 2 60#
weights to the wood. The weights compressed the padding very
well, and all I had to do was gently pull the fabric over the wood
base and hit it with the stapler. My weights were fairly large,
so to get a little elbow room for the stapler, I stood them off
slightly with a piece of 6X6 I used as a wheel chock on the truck.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.