Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Cool scientific Java applets

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Been windy as all get out here in AZ today also. Rain just started a
little while ago -- cold rain.

I had gotten so involved in the "gettin' ready" process had slipped my
mind--I had seen the sandstorm on TWC.

It's been a major change here the last 30 years w/ the advent of low-
and no-till cultivation, more irrigation and the large acreages back
into native grass thru the Conservation Reserve (CRP) that we've not had
widescale blowing dirt on the scale I recall in the previous drought
cycles (early 50s, in particular; I'm too young for the Dirty 30's)
altho there were areas in W OK/N TX panhandles SE CO/NE NM this year
that got bad for a while it was much more local than years ago...

It looks like they got shorts all in a wad for nothing over this 'un
here, though...we got a dusting this AM but they now have down to 20%
chances for anything at all else and no accumulation forecast. Have
even backed off on the wind levels as the low just never deepened and is
farther north and has a splitoff to the south that prevented the
frontogenesis they were so concerned over earlier.

Looks like from Chicago back thru Ioway is where it's all headed...

Sorry for those who do get hit; there's a lot of corn and beans still in
the fields back there but can't say I'm at all sorry to miss the
blizzard conditions here altho could have stood a few inches of nice,
wet snow if it would've stayed on the wheat...

MC, all...