Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron Vic Baron is offline

Default Dining room table & chairs

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:05:33 -0600, krw wrote:

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:57:12 -0800 (PST), Sonny
wrote:

I think most dining chairs have a tad more padding, on top, than
you've described.

Our dining room chairs are all wood; no padding at all. I guess the
Amish that built them thought padding to be a luxury. ;-)

snip

Besides that, dining chairs with fabric are difficult to keep clean.
Not my style but you can always use those washable chair pads.

I make a distinction between kitchen chairs and dining chairs. Kitchen
chairs are usually a little more upright and less comfortable, hence no
padding or at best a tie on pad. As I have read, dining chairs are meant to
be sat in longer and are designed with a more relaxed angle and a padded
seat.

Of course, there are always exceptions but that's what I found in my
research. So, I opted for almost a 10 degree back angle and a padded seat.

Vic