Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (Eurostar) Similar Question re Gas Supplies

In article o.uk,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:18:14 -0000, mark wrote:

I notice their plea for minimal electric use. Fat chance! Everyone will
have their electic heats/cookers on full to keep warm and next up will
be the electric system failing.

You mean like part of Maryport last week:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/8420446.stm

I recall exactly the same happening in Luton many years back.
Gas company handed out electric heaters, everyone went home and
plugged them in, substation burned out. No gas or electric for
many days.

--
Andrew Gabriel