Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT motor oil pricing

Smitty Two wrote:

So I go to my friendly local parts store, and I see gallon jugs. The
tag on the shelf still says 5.5 quart, $14.99. But the jugs clearly
say 1 gallon. Oh, thinks I, what a bother. Now I have to buy a
separate quart, too, which I did.

As I'm heading over to the register, I'm wondering what they're going
to charge me for my gallon. You guessed it, $14.99. That's a 37.5%
jump, in a time of virtually zero inflation, on a commodity whose
price is stable if not falling.

Maybe I'll go to the 5k intervals after all.

Add in the cost of hte filter and for only a few bucks more, you can have
someone do the labor for you too. Keep in mind, if you are taking long
drives, that change interval can be 7500 miles and save even more money.