Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FOLOW-UP on removing and replacing outdoor floodlight from insidethe attic!!

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 12/20/2009 2:22 PM mm spake thus:

A couple month ago, because I didn't have a 26 foot ladder, I came up
with this hair-brained scheme to replace the floodlight outside my
house, while inside the attic.

That's "hare-brained", not hair-brained. The allusion is to having the
brain of a small animal, not having hair growing on one's brain. (That
would be a pretty hairy situation.)

Sorry, just the copy editor in me. (Like seeing someone write "hone in
on" when what is wanted is "home in on", like a pigeon.)

I sometimes write "Holly smoke!" and forget to add [sic]. *snicker*

TDD