Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default Foam - 2 pound blue foam on Holmes on Homes

Stuart Noble wrote:
george [dicegeorge] wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 23:21:31 +0000, george [dicegeorge] wrote:

He coated it with a blue foam, which he called 'Two pound foam'.
What is this stuff?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Expanding_Foam
does not help.

Google does if you look...

i've googled:
oh dear,
2 days ago i filled the gaps at the top of an exterior wall with foam,
was going to cap it with a thin layer of concrete,
(before the slates go back on).

But the foam may move with heat variations,
the concrete may crack,
and water seep in,
so i guess that to do a long-lasting job
when the snow's gone i'll have to clear it all out
and use concrete to infill.
[g]

Hardly a critical location. Even on my gable end wall, which faces SW
and has a minimal slate overhang, I only used mortar. Stick some pva in
the mix if you're woried.

there were huge gaps in the top of the wall (north facing)
filled with straw from decades of birds.
It will take perhaps 20 buckets of cocrete lugged up the ladder,
and a few hour removing the foam,
but i think i'd better do it
as the foam wouldnt last many decades.

[g]