Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Foam - 2 pound blue foam on Holmes on Homes

george [dicegeorge] wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 23:21:31 +0000, george [dicegeorge] wrote:

He coated it with a blue foam, which he called 'Two pound foam'.
What is this stuff?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Expanding_Foam
does not help.

Google does if you look...

i've googled:
oh dear,
2 days ago i filled the gaps at the top of an exterior wall with foam,
was going to cap it with a thin layer of concrete,
(before the slates go back on).

But the foam may move with heat variations,
the concrete may crack,
and water seep in,
so i guess that to do a long-lasting job
when the snow's gone i'll have to clear it all out
and use concrete to infill.
[g]

Hardly a critical location. Even on my gable end wall, which faces SW
and has a minimal slate overhang, I only used mortar. Stick some pva in
the mix if you're woried.