Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default VFD Braking resistors - was My Powermatic drill press with VFD

A standard cook top element runs 35 to 40 ohms, about 1500 watts each. I
get them for $1 each at the appliance recycling place. 2 in series would
be perfect, would max out at 3000 watts dissipation.

GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote:
My Teco VFD specifies a 70 Ohm, 200 Watt braking resistor. I did
some quick looking on eBay and Mouser. It looks like the least
expensive ones are the open tube ones - BUT at around $33 and up. Is
there a less expensive place to buy these or a different way to search
either site that would bring up the less expensive alternatives?

RWL