Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal[_6_] Zootal[_6_] is offline

Default Global Warming and what you can do to against it

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Zootal wrote:

Which explains most of the demonstrations revolving around the
Climate Change conference. Most of the participants don't really
have a clue about the climate or the changes in climate they protest
against, they just want to be a part of some mass movement. What I
find disgusting is how the media does everything possible to fuel
the process for their own purposes, anything for a scoop and
ratings. Seems that each participant in these mass movements has
their own agenda that has little to do with the good of the world.

Several years I worked out at the Nevada Test Site, where we were
doing nuclear weapons testing. And across the highway from the main
entrance there would usually be a bunch of protesters. They had
tents, porta potties, the whole nine yards. And if you were to go and
talk to them, you would find that most of them didn't know anything
at all about the pros and cons of nuclear weapons. They were there
because they were being fed.
When we stopped testing nuclear weapons in the early 90s, the company
funding the protestors went bankrupt because there was no longer
anything to protest. The protesters themselves, being mostly ignorant
sheep, dispersed and went back home to the corner they lived on or
bridge they lived under, or the soup kitchen, etc.

I doubt they retired. They assuredly joined another movement. Wasn't that
about the time of "Burn the Bra" or "Save the Star-Faced Mole" or
somesuch?

I honestly don't know where they ended up in later years, but at the time
there were a whole bunch of protestors with nothing to protest and nowhere
to go. They had a pretty good size group of people for a while there, and it
all fell apart when we stopped testing nukes.