Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carbon Monoxide Detector

Well, if you think I should. I'll saw a hole in the
paneling, int he perfect place for the detector. Try to fish
a wire down the wall, and find out it's got horizontal fire
break. Go back to the store and buy a long installer bit,
and try to drill through the firebreak. Find out my bit
isn't long enough (4 foot) and go back and buy a six foot
bit. Drill through the water copper, and have to take out a
section of baseboard, and then paneling to fix the hole in
the water copper. Light the wallboard on fire with the
propane torch. Soften the flakeboard floor with the water
that sprays, wehn I find out my soldering techinque wasn't
doing very good. Lucky it did, put out the smouldering wall
board. Nail the paneling back up, and find out I left the
six foot drill bit in the bay, and now it's nailed in. No
worries, got my hole. Try, in vain, to push a lenth of Romex
up from the cellar to the outlet hole, with no success. Try,
instead, from the top. Finally, it's about midnight and I
got to be to work in the morning. Get home from work
tomorrow, and find out that wife #6 has bought a battery
monoxide detector, and put it over the outlet hole, and
finished nailing up the panneling. She greets me with a pan
of home baked brownies, and all my 7 wives and 32 children
tell me what a good job I did.

Sorry about the choir. My 4th teenage daughter is going
through a phase.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...

Can't you just install a new outlet like a regular person?
Pick an easy
place. Pretend you've got a nice cold beer like a regular
person, and get
the job done. Sheesh... :-)

And tell that damned choir to keep the noise down.