Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating valve actuator oddity

In article ,
"Doctor Drivel" writes:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Following on from problems with the Danfoss HSA 3 valve actuator earlier
in the week, my heating system is now running fine using the compatible
Sunvic SD 2701, which I had in as a spare.

I have just got around to pulling the 2 year old Danfoss HSA 3 unit apart,
to see if it might be repairable for use as a spare and this is what I
found -

Internally and externally it was like new, no obvious signs of any wear
and tear at all. The motor also checks out fine. The only problem I could
find was no continuity between the centre (N/O) contact and the common of
both of the switches, when the button is operated. The N/C contacts are
fine.

It just seems a little odd that both of the micro switches have suffered
the same failure mode simultaneously. The items fitted are SAIA rated at
250v 6amp.

So its off to Maplin for some replacement microswitches.

Get the highest Amp rating you can.

Physical size is going to be more important.

--
Andrew Gabriel