Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool Dishwasher: Motor Hot but Won't Run

I had a part time job at a restaurant with a garbage
grinder. Much the same deal, but not as large scale.

Perhaps our experience will be of help to the OP with the
dish washer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...

You see there, I wasn't even thinking of anything lascivious
or vulgar. One of the jobs I had in college so many decades
ago was working in the cafeteria where I had to wash dishes
and dump scraps into this huge garbage disposal unit. I
think
the darn thing had a 10hp 3phase motor and the throat of the
beast was 12-18" across. I sharpened it by tossing broken
plates and such into it while it was running. The problem
with
that monster was, if you hit the stop button and a fork or
spoon slipped in as it spun down, it would jam and the
maintenance
guy had to get a crowbar to turn it backwards. I do believe
it
would eat silverware at full speed. There were a few people
fantasized about stuffing feet first into the gaping maw of
that
immense evil glop gobbler.

TDD