Posted to alt.home.repair
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default repairing a kitchenaid mixer

Fred,
I had the same problem, same machine. Went to my DeWalt (and others) power
tool repair place and they offered to sell me a few ounces (half the size of
a pack of cigarettes) for $ 89. Yes, Eighty-nine dollars. Decided to put
the old grease back in. Mixer is working fine.

Ivan Vegvary

"fredinstl" wrote in message
Hello,
our mixer broke, so I took it apart and I found a metal piece where
the teeth were gone, so I guess this is it, and ordered a new part:
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa..._id%3 d907314

All the gears in the casing were all in a lot of grease. I took it out
assuming it contained some scraps of metal. I assume I need to put
some new grease back in: do they sell this grease at home depot or
lowes? What is the name ? I guess I will try to put back as much as
originally in the casing.

Thanks.

Fred