Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool Dishwasher: Motor Hot but Won't Run

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Ah, the R-rated double entendre spring to mind. "Now, you're
forked!" and they get worse, from there. "Get the fork out!"
and now, I will click send. And for years, I'll be reminded
of my twisted sense of humor. And people will slam me, that
they would NEVER join my church cause I'm such a hypocrite.
It's a lonely life. I'll go retire to a mountain in
Bangledesh, and write fork jokes for the rest of my life.

You see there, I wasn't even thinking of anything lascivious
or vulgar. One of the jobs I had in college so many decades
ago was working in the cafeteria where I had to wash dishes
and dump scraps into this huge garbage disposal unit. I think
the darn thing had a 10hp 3phase motor and the throat of the
beast was 12-18" across. I sharpened it by tossing broken
plates and such into it while it was running. The problem with
that monster was, if you hit the stop button and a fork or
spoon slipped in as it spun down, it would jam and the maintenance
guy had to get a crowbar to turn it backwards. I do believe it
would eat silverware at full speed. There were a few people I
fantasized about stuffing feet first into the gaping maw of that
immense evil glop gobbler.

TDD