Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default Poly ethelene (black plastic" clamps. How are they used.

john wrote:
stryped wrote:
I bought some 3/4 inch black plastic poly pipe to run water to a frost
free hydrant. I bought some clips and a tool to install them at Lowes.
How do you use these things?

I need to get this project done and the weather forcast for Christmas
Eve is torrential rain. My goal was to get this installed and check
for leaks before then but I am not sure if that is possible.

I am also going to install pipe insulation on the poly pipe before it
goes inthe ground. i will be putting conduit in the ditch as well.

Any advice is appreciated!

They make a heat wire that goes inside the pipe. It only runs when the
temp goes below freezing. Also make sure that your hose clamps are ALL
stainless steel. Some 'stainless' clamps have a non stainless screw or
clip, They will eventually rust out and fail.

John

The 'clips' that he talks about are a ring that crimps around the
connection. The sell this 'system' at Lowes, et al. I presume Lowes
also sells the instruction manual.