Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Grizzly Grizzly is offline

Default wover-wire / field fencing -- is Redbrand worth the extra

Colbyt wrote:
"kansascats" wrote in message

The point about 4" being bad for horses --- does that imply 6" is better?

Smaller is better if you need to use wire for horses. 2x4, 2x3 or that
triangle woven one whose name or brand I do not recall.

I see that triangle weave used quite often with a top board on production
horse farms.

The top board is a nice safety feature since as I understand it they can't
see the wire as well as other animals. It also offers some smash protection
to the wire fence.

Colbyt

The triangle brand is called Diamond Mesh. It is wonderful horse
fencing, non climb, small enough mesh to keep your animals in and
wildlife out. It is expensive though, If I win the lottery, I will fence
my property with it and use plastic posts and pvc top sight boards all
around..Its on my wish list as one of the safest horse fences available.

I've had three horses electrocuted by my horseguard electric fence over
the past 8 years. They snag a hoof in it and wrap around once while
rolling next to it and wind up jolting out. If you use electric fence
tape with a high break strength you really need to get a fencer that
shuts off after three jolts or you'll be calling the dead stock wagon.