Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumpy[_2_] Grumpy[_2_] is offline

Default Torchieres & CFLs

what is the CFLs

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
I was perusing (actually interviewing) torchieres (floor lamps) at Lowe's
yesterday. All the non-halogen models had tags saying "Required -
incandescent bulb(s)" followed by recommended wattage. These lamps had
normal screw-in bulb sockets, and most did not have dimmers or 3-way
switches. The packaging said nothing about using CFLs. The bulbs face up
and there are no shades above the bulbs. Is there some reason I can't use
CFLs with these lamps, or is this information just an omission from the
labeling?

I asked one of the "experts", who drooled and went to find an invisible
manager, who was probably getting a lap dance in his office. Nobody ever
returned.