Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Poly ethelene (black plastic" clamps. How are they used.

On Dec 21, 2:25*pm, whit3rd wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:15*am, stryped wrote:

I bought some 3/4 inch black plastic poly pipe to run water to a frost
free hydrant. I bought some clips and a tool to install them at Lowes.

I am also going to install pipe insulation on the poly pipe before it
goes inthe ground.

Insulation? *Why? *The pipe will freeze fast if the ground is
cold enough, and insulation will slow that down by a few hours.
Alas, if the ground a foot or so down is frozen, it will DEFINITELY
stay that way for a few hours, so the pipe freezes with or without
the insulation.

Blankets keep people warm because we have an internal
heat source. *Water pipes, not so much.

I am below the frost line in most places but a few areas is a bit
higher. The insulation I thought would help protect the pipe a little.
It is the foam slip on insulation.