Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Poly ethelene (black plastic" clamps. How are they used.

On Dec 21, 11:15*am, stryped wrote:
I bought some 3/4 inch black plastic poly pipe to run water to a frost
free hydrant. I bought some clips and a tool to install them at Lowes.

I am also going to install pipe insulation on the poly pipe before it
goes inthe ground.

Insulation? Why? The pipe will freeze fast if the ground is
cold enough, and insulation will slow that down by a few hours.
Alas, if the ground a foot or so down is frozen, it will DEFINITELY
stay that way for a few hours, so the pipe freezes with or without
the insulation.

Blankets keep people warm because we have an internal
heat source. Water pipes, not so much.