much_to_do

Default radiator valve

I want to fit a new thermostatic value to some radiators in this new house
I've bought. It is a conventional boiler system (which I'm not used to)
though it is so antiquated I shall be replacing it with a combi next year
most likely.

The radiator valve looks like 22mm then there is the thermostatic bit and it
goes into a 15mm copper pipe vie what looks like a bit of a reducer. This
valve is made by Danfos and I think it is quite old. I'm used to seeing
everything as 15mm. Anyway if I went shopping for a new themostatic valve
can I get one thats 22mm (or whatever it is) or so I need some attachments.
Do I need to be concered about the valve if I swap my boiler to a combi next
year?

many thanks,

Much