Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default What sort of house?

whiskeyomega wrote:

A water meter calculates a standard cost which includes
sewerage ( which of course we do not have from them) so we would be
paying for what we do not have and cannot get.

Not true! A water meter measures the amount of fresh water which you use. If
connected to a main sewer, an assumption is made that an equal quantity of
liquid (etc!) will be taken away by that - and you are charged accordingly.

*But* the water and sewerage charges are shown separately on the bill, and
if you have a septic tank, you *won't* be charged for sewerage based on your
water consumption.

You seem to have got hold of some very dubious 'facts' from somewhere!

Your neighbour would need to consume a *collosal* amount of water to have a
water bill like you describe. If it's genuine, it sounds like they've got a
massive leak between the meter and the house.
--
Cheers,
Roger