Posted to uk.d-i-y
whiskeyomega whiskeyomega is offline

Default What sort of house?

"Peter" wrote in message

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
On 21/12/2009 09:38 whiskeyomega wrote:

Ditto I would suspect your neighbour quoted an annual rate

No mistake I saw her bill. It got dropped at my house by mistake and I
opened it. I was terribly embarrased but I saw how much it was.

My water rates are less than £200 a year - as I said on a septic tank and no
water meter its a big difference. if we had a water meter, it would rocket
my bills even SW water told us that. They said we were amongst those who
would never benefit from a water meter because having a septic tank meant we
only paid for water to the house not sewerage. A water meter calculates a
standard cost which includes sewerage ( which of course we do not have from
them) so we would be paying for what we do not have and cannot get.