Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Low voltage socket.

On Dec 21, 9:58*am, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:52:59 -0800 (PST), in2dadark

wrote:
I replaced all or my sockets and switches in my home a couple of years
ago. I now have one that has low voltage on my 'analog' votl meter.
Yea I know google groups and an analog voltmeter. I get it...

Anyway. How it that possible? Is there a bad connection up the line of
outlets that would cause it to read 50 volts instead of the normal 115
or 120?

* * * * I can think of several possiblities. *If you can follow the
wire and see what it is connected to (intentionally or not
intentionally) you likely will find the problem. *Be sure to check out
grounds. *This could be related to a bad ground.

Insufficient info.
50 volts with something plugged in or not plugged in etc.? Switch on
or off?
50 volts in reference to what? Ground? Live to neutral?
If the workmanship of replacing the outlets and switches was as vague
as the enquiry ........ !!!!
needs to be more specific.
Back stabbed outlets again?????