Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default What sort of house?

In message
,
matthelliwell writes
On 21 Dec, 09:38, "whiskeyomega" wrote:
Finally my husband has said that we have to move house.

You haven't mentioned transport. Could it be that he feels *trapped* in
the house alone while you are out at work? Buy him a bicycle?

Currently we have a two bedroom bungalow in a very rural area . Septic tank,
no mains gas *and an extension ( one room) which has a flat roof and a large
garden - *an acre or *so, all electric which he also hates.

Lots of sensible ideas in other responses but no one has mentioned
additional insulation under the various grant schemes. Bungalows often
have huge lofts suited to the cheapest fibre insulation and you may have
uninsulated cavity walls. Contact your electricity supplier and ask for
advice.

regards

--
Tim Lamb