Posted to uk.d-i-y
whiskeyomega whiskeyomega is offline

Default What sort of house?

"Graham." wrote in message

Are you both in good health?
I ask because I am 56, my wife is 49, both working and in good health, and
the idea of us entering our dotage (which to me is what you are
contemplating)
seems a good way off yet.

What do you class as good health? He has high blood pressure but it is
controlled by medication. He claims though he has a heart condition ( which
he does not!).

I was in good health until I had influenza and pneumonia last year. Now I
find it hard to do many things but that I think is because I am always so
cold as we don't have a warm house anymore. I am fine at work, I just get
tired.

I could do many things but I am afraid ( and I am conscious this is turning
into a whinge now) my husband being home stops me doing them. he complains
if I get the paint out to paint a wall even. He wont allow anyone in to do
repairs and he wont do them himself.

I have offered to pay out of my own earnings - doing overtime if required.

I never realised he would be like this. When he was at work I used to get
things done whilst he was out and tell him afterwards.