Posted to uk.d-i-y
whiskeyomega whiskeyomega is offline

Default Storage Heaters

"Owain" wrote in message
On 21 Dec, 09:19, "whiskeyomega" wrote:

It may be worth checking, if your heaters are controlled by a
timeclock, that the timeclock is set at the correct time, otherwise it
will be charging your storage heaters up at the expensive daytime
rate.

No there is nothing wrong with the clocks. Its just broken. We had the same
problem with the other one we replaced. It probably isnt *costing* as much
as he maintains but there you go.

Condensation is caused by lack of insulation / heat / ventilation and

excess moisture. An extractor fan for the kitchen would probably help
a lot.

He wont fit one so I have to get a dehumidifier.

My problem , what sort would be best value for money? Should I just get
the
cheapest? Are they all essentially the same? It has to be a 3.4KW to
replace the one we have ( he will fit it if I get it - he fitted the last
one). It will be an online purchase because I found it was cheaper than
any
local outlets .

Pretty all much of a muchness.

Do you know anything about a make called " Elnur" then? That seems to be the
cheapest. or a Sunhouse ( know they used to make electric fires many years
ago).