Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default OT Mean while...

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
LDosser wrote:

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:191220091008164969%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , LDosser
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
LDosser wrote:

The Chinese passed us a couple years back. Like we were standing
still. Indians may be gaining.

Passed us in what way? Just the INCREASE in our GDP for the past five
years is greater than the ENTIRE GDP of China.

Pollution. They are now Number One

The images here are horrific:

http://www.chinahush.com/2009/10/21/...ution-in-china
/

Stomach turning!! A vision of Hell. Dickens never saw anything this bad.

Hard to tell if that is universally real or just another media-induced
hype. Time and other media outlet photographers can embellish stories into
the surreal. OTOH, if that is universally real, then we really don't have
much to fear long-term from China as that kind of local destruction will
lead to killing themselves off from within. That kind of thing falls into
the "poop in your own bathtub" realm of environmental destruction;
something
that is real, demonstrable, and controllable. It is also something
completely unsustainable long-term.

Unfortunately those of us on the left coast share the tub with them and the
rest of the Northern Hemisphere breathes their air