Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT range report that very few readers will find of interest

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 01:11:44 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

A small .380 is my choice because it's very easy to
pocket so I may grab it when I wouldn't bother with a .45. It'd be
a fatally poor choice for a gunfight

Bingo.

So if you carry a rabbits foot and hope/pray, given your lack of
external threat...you should be perfectly safe, correct? So why bother
carrying?

Im a bit nonplussed because of people carrying a "fatally poor choice
for a gunfight" because they may become involved in a gunfight at some
time in their lives.

Blink blink...blink.

There are other choices of similar size in more appropriate
calibers..which is why Im fascinated by folks claiming that the "fatally
poor choice" they made is better than those other more appropriate
calibers.

Its well known that there are pocket sized 9mm Paras, .40s, 45s, 357s
and so forth that are about the same size as the average .380.

Shrug...a Detectives Special with a decent 125gr JHP is FAR FAR superior
to a .380 of any sort. And its a .38 Special Revolver.

But thanks for your clear explaination of your thinking process on the
subject.

Not one of course..that I agree with in the
slightest..shrug..but...shrug

Im also curious as to why folks simply dont carry a plastic replica of a
firearm. Being hollow and of plastic..they weigh nearly nothing and as
you say..they might work in 90% of the situations.

That other pesky 10% however.....shrug.......

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost