Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default OT range report that very few readers will find of interest

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:47:55 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 02:28:06 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:
Though Im curious..anyone know any law enforcement agencies who issue
.25s or .380s to street cops as their primary arm? And why not?

PPK stands for Polizeipistole Kriminalmodell (Police Pistol Detective
Model), carried by many plain-clothes policemen in Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_PP
It was made in .32ACP and .380ACP or 9mm Kurz.

Perhaps these were not "street cops". I am not one either.

And of course the Euros tended to have running gun fights that lasted
for quite some time. Might I point out Badder-Meinhoff and others.....?

Baader-Meinhof and the other RAF types are the reason European cops
went from the common 7.65X17 to 9x19.

David