Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cncmillgil cncmillgil is offline

Default What's your favorite "stuck bolt" removal process?

On Dec 19, 10:06*am, spaco wrote:
The other day, a guy asked me how to remove stuck bolts. *It was a
general question; he didn't have a specific problem at that moment.
* *As I started to answer him, I kept having to backtrack, explaining
that *a particular situation begets a particular range of solutions.

That got me to thinking about how pervasive this problem is to modern
man and how uncomfortable I am when I have to go about it.

So, I put up a webpage that focuses on simply defining the problem:

http://www.spaco.org/MachineShop/StuckFasteners.html

Right now I am in the process of reviving an old Onan 6.5KW RV-style
generator set and it has numerous stuck bolts. *Some of them are steel
bolts, about 1/4-20 in size, stuck into aluminum. *There is lots of rust.