Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT range report that very few readers will find of interest

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:47:55 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 02:28:06 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Though Im curious..anyone know any law enforcement agencies who issue
.25s or .380s to street cops as their primary arm? And why not?

PPK stands for Polizeipistole Kriminalmodell (Police Pistol Detective
Model), carried by many plain-clothes policemen in Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_PP
It was made in .32ACP and .380ACP or 9mm Kurz.

Perhaps these were not "street cops". I am not one either.

And of course the Euros tended to have running gun fights that lasted
for quite some time. Might I point out Badder-Meinhoff and others.....?

And which branch of the US military does the same?

None. When I was a soldier my sidearm was the M1911A1 in .45ACP. I am
not a soldier now.

And yet the need to stop someone as fast as possible is different in
what way,if one is part of the Green Machine or a civiy?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost