Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Rethinking "Made in China"

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:16:16 -0600, Jules
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 23:00:40 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I seem to recall something about Rolls Royce using GM automatic
transmissions.

Possible. Jaguar did.

And Jensen... far easier to buy a slushbox in from a country that
used them in the vast majority of vehicles, I suppose. Shame it
didn't work both ways and the US didn't import manual 'boxes from
Europe!

The Jensen Innterceptor used Mopar power-train - engine and tranny.

ANd the Americans have imported a LOT of Euro manual gearboxes. Lots
of ZF bockes in recent American tin.