Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Chrysler engines

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:07:55 -0500, clare wrote:

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 08:38:28 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:
wrote:

Some of the best cars I ever owned were early Mopars. I've owned 53,
57, 63, 69, 74, 76, 85, 88, and now a 2002.

A real glutton for punishment I see.

Lew

Meh? My ideal driveway for "drive it forever" cars would be filled with
50's Studebakers, 60's MoPars, and 80's VWs.

Sadly, IMHO cars hve gone downhill since the 80's in terms of durability
and user serviceability.

nate

Definitely downhill on serviceability, but thankfully they require a
lot less.

Yes, but they make up for it by often costing a small fortune when
something *does* go wrong...

.... plus I like keeping it simple; if something does go wrong when
I'm out in the middle of nowhere, there's more chance I can fix it
by the roadside in an older vehicle than a modern one. I like that
safety and convenience.