Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Rethinking "Made in China"

wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 23:00:40 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:
I seem to recall something about Rolls Royce using GM automatic
transmissions.

Possible. Jaguar did. I fellow I used to work with was restoring a Jag and
bough a lot of parts fromt he GM dealer at half the price fromthe Jag
dealer.

RR, as well as Bentley, definitely used them. I remember seeing Rolls
Royces on the lift at my local Aamco transmission shop. It was the
same transmission used in GMC and Chevy pickup trucks and vehicles
such as the Chevy Suburban.

THM400, I believe, although it probably had to have a special case to
fit the RR bellhousing pattern.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.